FEATURE RECIPE | Thin and Crisp Chocolate Chip Cookies
Tuesday May 31st, 2022
Just as the name states, these chocolate chip cookies are baked thin and crispy and have developed quite a fan base -- a perfect snack, anytime of day, and decadent as the base to an ice cream sandwich!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1.5 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 350*F - Line baking sheets with parchment paper
2) Using an electric mixer, cream butter, sugar and brown sugar on medium speed until blended. Then beat in the egg and vanilla until light and fluffy.
3) In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Then mix into wet ingredients on low speed or with a wooden spoon, mixing just until flour disappears.
4) Drop batter onto baking sheets, at least 2 inches apart.
5) Bake for 10 min (smaller cookies 8-10 min). until edges are golden brown.
6) Remove from oven and allow to cool for few minutes, before transferring to a wire rack.